Quellebooks

Quellebooks

The Man Who Seduced Hollywood: The Life and Loves of Greg Bautzer, Tinseltown's Most Powerful Lawyer
B. James Gladstone
The Passage of Power: The Years of Lyndon Johnson
Robert A. Caro
David Copperfield
Charles Dickens, David Gates

Simply Suppers: Easy Comfort Food Your Whole Family Will Love

Simply Suppers: Comfort Food You Can Get on the Table in No Time Flat - Jennifer Chandler This book is simple and straightforward but also very thorough. There are lots of recipes for Soups, Poultry, Meat, Seafood, Pasta, Sandwiches, Grains, Vegetables and Desserts. There are several guides on what to keep in your pantry, how to make basic things like chicken stock, what recipes are good to keep in the freezer, etc.

I had a few problems with the book. The photographs are not all that great, the recipes were pretty basic (with only a few that really piqued my interest) and many of the dishes are heavy on fat. I got the feeling that this was really a Southern cookbook in disguise.

I do recommend this to people who are learning to cook and want a compact book filled with basic recipes on hand for whipping up basic dinners. In this case, this book is very thorough and it's a great jumping off point for developing basic culinary skills and a repertoire of regular meals.

See my entire review here: http://thoughtfuleating.blogspot.com/2010/09/book-review-simply-suppers-by-jennifer.html