Quellebooks

Quellebooks

The Man Who Seduced Hollywood: The Life and Loves of Greg Bautzer, Tinseltown's Most Powerful Lawyer
B. James Gladstone
The Passage of Power: The Years of Lyndon Johnson
Robert A. Caro
David Copperfield
Charles Dickens, David Gates
Give the Drummer Some - Mark Zero Mouse Watkins was the drummer of the funk band The Bad Apples. After a falling out with fellow band member Gateway and the realization that his band and his music wasn't what it used to be, Mouse tries to live like everyone else. He gets a regular day job working, moves out of his mom's home and into his own apartment. During a particular stormy winter in St. Louis, Mouse's retirement from The Bad Apples has put his life into an upheaval. He rekindles a romance with an old flame Shauna, explores Christian Science and fights his personal and professional battles with his old band mate and his family. This novel asks the question: what does a musician do when the spotlight ceases to shine on them?

Mark Zero's Give the Drummer Some is a sensitive look at a musician's fall from grace and the subsequent reivention of the self. Mouse is a veritable literary Phoenix and the reader will enjoy following his journey as he rises from the ashes.

I personally loved this book and savored each chapter. This is my third book by Mark Zero and I have to say it's by far my favorite. There is no way you won't fall in love with Mouse Watkins, sympathize with him and see yourself in these pages. Reading about Mouse's relationship with Shauna and his exploration of Christian Science struck a chord with me and I had a personal revelation while reading the novel which I hope will help me become a better person.

Read this book now! You won't regret it.