Quellebooks

Quellebooks

The Man Who Seduced Hollywood: The Life and Loves of Greg Bautzer, Tinseltown's Most Powerful Lawyer
B. James Gladstone
The Passage of Power: The Years of Lyndon Johnson
Robert A. Caro
David Copperfield
Charles Dickens, David Gates
Boys, Bears, and a Serious Pair of Hiking Boots - Abby McDonald I was a very environmentally-minded teen. I majored in Marine & Environmental Science at my vocational High School and was even co-president of the Environmental Science club. I was big into wolves, the World Wild Life fund, hiking, conservation, recycling, etc. Unlike Jenna, the protagonist of this book, I was into nature AND into environmentalism. You can't really separate the two. And Jenna did. Her enthusiasm arose out of a need to protest; to be passionate about something.

I wouldn't have liked this book as a teen. Jenna would have angered me too much but as an adult I very much enjoyed it. Not everything in life is black-and-white, there is a lot of grey area and Jenna learns that lesson. I didn't learn that lesson until much later on.

Having had family in Alberta, Canada and loving the natural space there, I found Jenna's adventures in the wilds of British Columbia amusing. If I had seen a moose in the middle of the road, I would have taken out my camera and snapped pictures. Jenna freaks out instead!

This would be a good summer read, especially since the story takes place over the summer.